If your bird seems sick, take him or her to an avian vet immediately! Check your local phone book or Vet Lookup, AAV, Avian Vet.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Thing One and Thing Two

Mes amis,

The silly humans finally turned the heat back on, which made me happy, but not for long. As soon as it got warm in the apartment again, a second pink thing appeared. I guess there is no stopping them now.

Since Miss Prissy likes to sit on them, I took the opportunity to try it out myself while she was eating. I sat on them for a long time, but there was nothing spectacular about it. It wasn't very comfortable, and the things did not move. No baby birds appeared, either, which is good, of course, because I don't know what we would do with them. I don't think Miss Prissy knows, either.

Luckily, the Cool One finally came over again today. He held me upside down and smoothened my ruffled feathers, and I played with the zipper on his shirt. He put me in such a good mood that I even let the Tall One pet me on my head, which is very unusual. I think she felt honored.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always let my Mom scratch my head unless I'm feeling cranky, then I nip at her fingers. I never let her hold me..willingly that is. The vet does that and I scream bloody murder. Mom tries it too when she's clipping my wings. I don't like people getting their greasy fingers on my bod!

CC-man

J. L. LeMone said...

Right! You never know when those humans last washed their hands! I don't let the Tall One hold me, either. I do step on her hand, though, and if I feel like it, I preen her hair. I feel bad for her because she does not have feathers, so I try to make her look a little better. It doesn't do much good, though.