If your bird seems sick, take him or her to an avian vet immediately! Check your local phone book or Vet Lookup, AAV, Avian Vet.

Friday, January 5, 2007

Miss Prissy

It is nice to finally have an intelligent, if somewhat one-sided, conversation! I am sure you feel the same way. Spending most of the day in my cage gets boring, and my everyday companions are a few seeds short of a full dish, if you know what I mean.

The Tall One doesn't really count, anyway. Sure, she feeds us and keeps us warm and entertained, but let's get real, she's just doing her job. She doesn't even do it well; she's gone most of the day.

Miss Prissy is much better company in that regard. She sticks around all the time. Sometimes a little too much, if you ask me, but she knows to back off when I hiss at her. She's stunningly beautiful, as you can tell from her picture, even though she can't sing; she screams like an off-key train whistle. That's okay, though, because I sing well enough for both of us. As a matter of fact, I could have become an opera singer. Miss Prissy doesn't quite appreciate it due to the fact that she's tone deaf, but at least she values my company. I think she realizes how lucky she was to join a handsome cagemate like me instead of being stuck in the cage with half a dozen other birds. The Cool One suggested to the Tall One that I should have a nice girlfriend, and luckily, she finally listened and got Miss Prissy for me.

Life has become a whole lot less boring since my fine-feathered friend moved in. I have somebody to preen and to peck at, and if I get really bored, I chase her around the cage a few times. She tends to be forgetful, and so she does not hold any grudges against me. Sometimes she looks at me with a far away look, as if she was trying to remember who I am.

Actually, she does that a lot. She is good company, but I can't have sophisticated discussions with her.
Which is why I am here, and I am sure you have a similar reason!

Bienvenue!

No comments: