If your bird seems sick, take him or her to an avian vet immediately! Check your local phone book or Vet Lookup, AAV, Avian Vet.

Friday, March 9, 2007

Birds Who Bite Badly Trained Humans


A lot of times, the Tall One wonders why she gets bit. I never bite the Cool One, because he understands me, but I can't say the same about the Tall One. Generally, I bite her when she gets too close to me, Miss Prissy, or my cage. Miss Prissy thinks that gently nipping is biting, but believe me, I know how to inflict some damage. I've drawn blood more than once.

Most people look at us cockatiels and think we are cute and cuddly, and they don't know how intelligent we are. Simply put, we need to have things our own way, and a badly trained human needs to be disciplined when he or she does not do what we want.

Here are some links for my human readers to better understand what they need to do to keep from getting bit.

Cockatiels and Biting

Why Does My Bird Bite?

Once Bitten...Twice Shy.

Ouch!! Bird Bites.

Success With a Biting Pet Bird.

3 comments:

Neddie said...

Hello J. L. LeMone!

Thank you for the compliment! I've just posted a link to your blog on my Angels-In-Disguise.

Keep on writing! I always look forward to your next entry...

J. L. LeMone said...

Hi Neddie!

I'm glad you enjoy my blog. Thank you for posting the link to my blog! How are your birds?

J. L. LeMone

T-man Angel said...

You look scary in that picture! CC-man nips my nose when I'm stealing his treats. He even has the nerve to bite my nose when I'm eating my own food!

T-man