If your bird seems sick, take him or her to an avian vet immediately! Check your local phone book or Vet Lookup, AAV, Avian Vet.

Sunday, October 7, 2007

J.L., Are You Sure I'm Not a Duck?

Hello!

My Tall One still has not been able to make her computer work right, so I wrote out my blog post on a piece of paper and gave it to the Cool One to type up. I assume he has a computer, too, since he is cool. If you are reading this, it means that the Cool One posted it for me.

The other day, I had a very exciting adventure. J.L. always used to tell me that I'm not a duck, and maybe he was right, but I definitely have duck-like talents. The Tall One had opened up our cage, and Carrera and I were climbing around the furniture, when suddenly, something startled us. I fluttered off and found myself in the small bright room the Tall One uses when she needs water to get clean. I saw a nice, shiny surface in the big thing she calls a tub, so I decided to land. The surface was not solid, though, and it moved below me, so I spread out my pretty wings. It worked very well, and I was just about to enjoy floating, because I realized the warm stuff was actually water just like in my drinking dish, just a whole lot more of it. The Tall One picked me up right away, though. She rinsed out my pretty feathers with lukewarm water and dried me off with a soft clean T-Shirt. She seemed worried about me, but actually, I quite enjoyed it. My feathers were nice and clean and not as dusty anymore, and I spent most of the day preening them.

A smaller tub might have been nice, but other than that, I liked going for a little swim. I don't know how long I would have enjoyed it, though, so it's good that the Tall One was right there. She usually does not let us out of the cage when there is lots of water around, and she was really worried about my little excursion. I hope that she will get me a small cockatiel-sized bathtub that fits in my cage.

7 comments:

T-man Angel said...

CC-man likes to take baths in an old plastic microwave cake dish. Once he flew into a tub of soapy water his Grandpa was using to wash dishes. That really cleaned his feathers!

caiquecrazy said...

Hi-

I just ran into your blog. I run a small parrot blog, too. Was wondering if you are interested in swapping links?

http://caiquecrazy.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carrera said...

Yes, Cauquecrazy, that would be great!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marco80 said...

Hi,
Congrats for your blog, very nice!
Why don't you create a pet profile on www.pet-files.com ? You can publish photos, videos and a lot of info (my profile: http://www.pet-files.com/marco80/mescal). And you can create a slideshow with your photo that you can easily embed into this blog! Hope you appreciate the idea.
- Marco